What customer information do we handle and / or collect?
- We automatically receive from your internet use such information as your IP address, the URLs of sites from which you arrive at the Uniques furniture shop website, your type of browser and your ISP.
- All customers are required to enter their email address; delivery and billing address and contact telephone number(s) when placing an order with us.
- All orders placed with Uniques furniture shop are recorded within a personal account for each customer. Payment details are NOT stored anywhere within our site and are not visible to any of our employees or web developers.
- All users of the website who raise queries regarding any of our products by email or telephone must supply either an email address or contact telephone number for us to respond to in answering the query. These contact details are not used for any other purpose than answering the query that has been raised and are not shared with any third party. These details are not used by Uniques furniture shop for any marketing purposes.
What purposes is this information used for?
- Cookies and other technologies used by our website are used for the following purposes; to customize your shopping experience by remembering items placed in your basket and any details entered into the checkout stages to prevent you having to enter them again before placing an order. When returning to our site having already placed an order your name and email address will be stored within the first stage of the checkout process to facilitate your shopping experience.
- Information relating to your IP address, ISP, browser type and the URLs of sites from which you arrive at the Uniques furniture shop website are used to monitor the performance of advertising campaigns and for the purposes of assisting customers who on rare occasions encounter any technical difficulties when using our site.
- All customer information including email addresses, delivery and billing addresses and contact telephone numbers are used for the purpose of processing customer order(s) with Uniques furniture shop. All sales receipts are sent automatically to customer email addresses.
- We do not share, rent or sell any customer information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
- All customer delivery addresses and telephone numbers are used when organizing the delivery of orders and subsequently must be relayed to our courier company. Our courier company neither share this information with any third party nor use this information for any other purpose than for organizing the delivery of orders. Details of the courier company to be used for the delivery of customer orders are made available to customers at the time of placing an order with Uniques furniture shop.
- All customer payment details including card details are processed automatically within a secure environment. All transactions made via PayPal are handled in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, a strict set of security guidelines for all organizations that accept or process card payments.
- From time to time we may contact existing customers by email with news of special offers and promotions on our products. Customers may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by visiting the unsubscribe link at the foot of these emails. Should you not wish to be contacted with information regarding such offers please specify at the time of placing your order by telephone or email and your email address will not be added to the existing customer promotions database.
User information choices
All users of our website and all of our customers may make certain choices regarding the use of their personal information.
- Customers wishing to place an order with Uniques furniture shop may do so either online using our secure checkout process, by telephone or by post (order for our customers’ own security reasons orders placed by post are payable only by cheque or postal order). Payment for orders placed online may only be made by card. Customers wishing to pay by any means other than by card, including cheque, postal order or bank transfer may do so by placing their order by telephone. Telephone orders may be placed by calling 01227 479007. Calls to this number are charged at the standard local rate.
- Customers may receive emails regarding special offers and promotions available on the site. Customers may, however, specify at the time of placing their order should they not wish to receive information regarding such offers. Customers may also unsubscribe from emails detailing special offers available on site at any time by visiting the unsubscribe link included at the foot of any such email.
- Customers may specify particular telephone numbers upon which they should be contacted to arrange delivery of items on their order.
- Customers may specify whether they prefer to be contacted by email or telephone should we need to contact them regarding order details or delivery arrangements.
- Customers may specify a different delivery address to billing address. However, all billing addresses provided when ordering from Uniques furniture shop must match the address to which the card / account used for payment is registered. Where the specified billing address does not match those held by the card issuer or account issuer, payment cannot be processed.